Get Mystery Box with random crypto!

Immigration News Canada Extend Visitor Visa Stay After 6 Month | Canada Immigration News

Immigration News Canada
Extend Visitor Visa Stay After 6 Months: Here Is Full Guide Last Updated On 15 May 2023, 9:38 AM EDT (Toronto Time)
You must apply for a visitor record to extend your stay beyond 6 months after entering Canada on a visitor visa.

This allows you to continue your stay as a visitor for additional 6 months.

It is important to apply for a visitor record before your current stay of 6 months ends.

While your application is under processing, you can stay legally in Canada on implied status until a decision is made by IRCC on your visitor record application.

So, if you are unsure about the process, don’t worry, we have got you covered.

This article provides a comprehensive guide on everything you need to know about applying for a visitor record to extend your stay in Canada. Learn aboutWho can apply to extend a visitor visa?You need to apply for a visitor record if you want to –

* extend your stay in Canada as a visitor, or
* change your permit type from a study/work permit to a visitor record.

Please note that it doesn’t matter how you initially entered Canada, whether through a visitor visa, electronic travel authorization (eTA), or any other document.

A visitor record is mandatory for an extended stay. However, you cannot work or study with a visitor record. TRV For International Students & Workers-Why & How To Apply! When should you apply?To continue staying in Canada as a visitor, or to change your status (from international student or worker to a visitor for example), you should submit your application at least 30 days prior to the expiration date of your current status.

However, you can also submit an online application even 1 day prior to expiry of your 6-month stay, but it is not recommended.

You can find the expiry date for your status on –

* The stamp in your passport. This should not be confused with the date printed on your visitor visa. In cases where there is no stamp present in your passport, your visitor status expires six months from the date you entered Canada.
* your study permit
* your work permit or
* your visitor record (if you’ve already extended your stay) How to apply for a visitor record?In most cases, you must apply online to get a visitor record. Using the online application platform can have several advantages –

Firstly, it enables IRCC to receive your application immediately, avoiding any courier fees or waiting time for mail delivery.

This may lead to faster processing times for your application.

Additionally, submitting your application online allows you to ensure that all necessary information is included before submitting.

If required, additional documents can be quickly submitted online as well.

Finally, updates on the status of your application are provided directly through your online account.

If you have already submitted a paper application, there is no need to resubmit the same application online.

To apply for a visitor record, you need to follow the steps mentioned below- Step 1: Have the following forms readyThe first thing you need to do is refer to the IRCC instruction guide.

This will help you with case-specific documents and instructions. Once you have done that, you need to fill out the following forms:

* Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or Temporary Resident Permit Holder – Form IMM 5708
* Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union, if applicable – Form IMM 636.51
* Use of Representative (if applicable) – Form IMM 5476

You will not be able to open these forms by directly clicking on it. Download the forms and then open to fill them out using a PDF editor. Step 2: Have your answers for the online tool readyYou need to answer a few questions before uploading your forms. This will help you get g[...]