F1 visa interview experience
Biometric : 15th May, 2022 (Delhi VAC
Visa interview: 17th May, 2022
Place : Delhi embassy
University : DePaul University, Chicago
Intake : Fall 2022(September)
Interview Time : 11:00 am (IST)
In time : 10:15 am
Out time: 11:15 am
Counter 20 :Visa officer was American bald guy
Conversation is as follows:-
Me: Good morning officer, how are you doing today?
VO: Good morning, pass me your documents ( passport, i20 and sevis Fee receipt)
Me: passed them
VO:(looking at i20) how many universities have you applied to ?
Me: I applied to 4 universities ( California Baptist University, DePaul University, St. Louis University, Cleveland State University)
VO: how many admits you got?
Me: officer, out of 4 I got admits in 3 university
VO: Which one you choose and why?
Me: I have selected DePaul University, because it offers me the course of HCI, it has a graduation ratio of 94% which speaks about quality of education the University is delivering to students (VO interrupted)
VO: how are you going to find your program?
Me: My parents are sponsoring me for my program, with their savings of Xxx lakhs , also I have secured an education loan of xx lakhs from ABC bank, and the university has also offered me scholarship of xxxx dollars as per my academic profile.
VO: What does your parents do ?
Me: My father works is an accountant by profession in a private company since past 23 years(vo interrupted)
VO: what is your father ?
Me: (repeated ) he is an accountant by profession.
VO: ohh he is an accountant!!
Me: Yes officer.
VO: and you mother ?
Me: she is a govt. Employee and works as a primary school teacher in my home town, they both were working in thier profession since past 23 years
Finally the golden words arrived
Place you left hand 4 fingers i am approving your Visa
You can collect you passport within 5 days.
- Guys Delhi has a good approval rate as compared to other consulates
- Today i have around my 10 of friends in group and luckily we all have been approved
- Don't fumble just get yourself chill and answer very calmly
- I also having some dear earlier but once I got into the embassy and my turn came....it went so fast that i couldn't even imagine what was fumbleness and fear
- it hardly takes around 1to 2 minutes at most for the conversation so be calm and everyone do your best.