85) Explanation The child in this question has : 1. Height | Paediatrics videos & books
The child in this question has :
1. Height below 3rd percentile, i.e., short stature.
2. Normal growth velocity, i.e., normal variant of short stature.
3. Skeletal age is less than chronological age.
There are two types of normal variant of short stature:
1. Constituional delay in growth
2. Familial genetic short stature
In constitutional delay the bone age is less than chronological age, while in familial short stature bone age is normal for the chronological age.
So, the most likely diagnois of this child is constitutional delay in growth.