Description from channel
Contact admin for paid promotion in all channels or any queries @murtazakuchay
Ratings & Reviews
Reviews can be left only by registered users. All reviews are moderated by admins.
The latest Messages 7
• The diagnosis of this child who is thirsty and drinks eagerly with absent tears is some dehydration. Hence ORS is to be given to this child for correction of dehydration at rate of 75 ml/Kg over the next 4–6 hours plus ongoing losses. For ongoing losses in children over 2 years, 100 ml per episode of loose stool should be given extra over the correction mentioned in first point.
Choice A and B are ruled out as intravenous correction is done for severe dehydration.
Age Amount of ORS to be given after each loose stool <24 months 2–10 years 50–100 ml per episode 100 ml-200 ml per episode >10 years Ad Lib
Best offer on egurukul
Learning Festival offer
Exclusively with code
1yr advance pack
3 months bonus
In ₹29,999 only
Price increasing after 12 pm tomorrow
Inbox @murtazakuchay for any queries
332 voters781 views15:01
The most common infectious cause of blindness in the world is trachoma. Trachoma is the chronic effect of a C. trachomatis infection acquired in the perinatal period. The most common cause of blindness in the world is noninfectious (glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy).
55) You are working in a community clinic on a Native American reservation. Amother brings in her 8-year-old son for an ophthalmic evaluation. On examination, you find bilateral corneal ulceration and decreased visual acuity. What is the most common infectious…
647 voters2.5K views15:53
55) You are working in a community clinic on a Native American reservation. Amother brings in her 8-year-old son for an ophthalmic evaluation. On examination, you find bilateral corneal ulceration and decreased visual acuity. What is the most common infectious cause of blindness in the world?
In children over 1 month of age, the most common causes of bacterial meningitis are S. pneumoniae and Neisseria meningitidis. HIB was also a frequent cause of this disease prior to the widespread use of the HIB vaccine. GBS, E. coli, and HSV would be more common causes of CNS infections in neonates. (McMillin et al., 1999, Chap. 142) Nonpolio enteroviruses are the most common causes of aseptic meningitis in childhood. There are approximately 65 nonpolio enteroviruses, including the Coxsackieviruses, echoviruses, and enteroviruses. Children are the main susceptible population and transmission is from child to child, via fecal-oral or oraloral (respiratory) contact. Meningitis may result from viremic spread of the virus. Treatment of this is supportive.
54) You are working in the emergency department and are called to perform a lumbar puncture on a 3-month-old infant who presented with fever and lethargy. The spinal fluid that you obtain is turbid. The laboratory reports that there are 200 WBCs and 5 RBCs…
267 voters766 views10:58
54) You are working in the emergency department and are called to perform a lumbar puncture on a 3-month-old infant who presented with fever and lethargy. The spinal fluid that you obtain is turbid. The laboratory reports that there are 200 WBCs and 5 RBCs per high-power field (HPF). Ninety-five percent of the WBCs in the spinal fluid are neutrophils.
Which of the following is the most probable cause of this illness?
The most common cause of otitis media in children is pneumococcus (S. pneumoniae). This is also the most common cause of sinusitis and pneumonia. Otitis media is usually seen in conjunction with an upper respiratory tract infection. (American Academy of Pediatrics, 2003, pp. 490–500) Pressure from extensive use of antimicrobials has resulted in a dramatic increase in penicillin resistance in pneumococcus. Amoxicillin remains the recommended initial antibiotic of choice for the treatment of otitis media in children. In an effort to reduce the incidence of antibiotic resistance, and because of the high spontaneous cure rate of otitis media, many authorities are advocating withholding antimicrobial treatment unless symptoms persist for several days in spite of symptomatic treatment.